Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cliche

It feels like I have so many cool ideas when in reality it comes out as cliche writing.

Franz made a comment to my mom the other night about a book. He was noting that the book it self had fine content, but it was cliche in that there really was nothing indepth and new to be found in its pages.

So, how in the world am I supposed to make something new and original. I don't think I necessarily can. I can though play out what happens in my mind, or what I see. It may very well be cliche. That is okay because sometimes, most of the time, it is. It may not be new or original in a sense, but each individual living it for the first time finds something personally new or unique.

We recently recieved a couple hours of uncut raw footage of our wedding weekend. It was embarassing, fun, hilarious to watch the kiddos on the screen. Yes, I mean kiddos. We all look so young. Our boys are amused by their little aunts and uncles (Uncle Toby was just under a year old). The things people said and the expressions.... I am glad, though, that not all of our life is a video to be rehashed and displayed for all.

I was thinking about the photo I saw a year or so ago. It depicts this elderly woman her face lit with delightful joy as she watched a historic moment before her eyes. All the surrounding people are frantically with hands in the air trying to snap a photo with their phones. It is such a captured stark moment of our times. How many people take the time to live the moment instead trying to electronically copy it? COPY, what is a copy? According to Google, "a thing made to be similar or identical to another." I feel we are falling into more and more of life being a copy. Just because history repeats itself does not mean that we cannot have authenticity. But authenticity is being quashed by our inability to live in the moment. We are copying instead of composing. For Google's definition of compose is, "write or create."

So, I am praying, hoping, and starting to find things and ways that I have let go. Having put them to the wayside because of one thing or another distracting me. Here's to creating an authentic masterpiece all my own. Of course it invovles God, my husband, boys, our farm and livelyhood. I will not be consistent with this blog, but I will write every so often. My creative bents are taking me along a path of schemes that I may or may not share.
Last summer we took a walk through the train tunnels on the bike trail. These trails have been since been damaged by flooding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment